Can you connect the dots between quality, buzzworthy content and the people who search for it? Eurail.com is on the lookout for a collaborative and knowledgeable SEO Specialist. If you fit the bill, make yourself findable! We want somebody who loves well-structured content and hates broken links. At...
Can you connect the dots between quality, buzzworthy content and the people who search for it? Eurail.com is on the lookout for a collaborative and knowledgeable SEO Specialist. If you fit the bill, make yourself findable! We want somebody who loves well-structured content and hates broken links. At the same time you’ll need to be adaptable and entrepreneurial, hot on seasonal trends and changes to Google algorithms. Do you have the hands-on SEO experience and the demonstrated SERP-boosting success that makes you perfect for this position?
We are an international digital leisure organisation and e-commerce scale-up in the travel industry, founded in 2006 and leading in our market. We help travellers from all over the world to have an unforgettable experience in Europe.
As a scale-up, Eurail.com offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company.
Job description and role
In this role, you will:
- Implement and optimise Eurail.com’s search engine optimisation strategies using your knowledge of technical SEO, content development, link building and campaign techniques.
- Identify ways to improve user engagement, brand authority and acquisition;
- Drive high quality inbound marketing activities;
- Join forces with our content creators and internal teams as well as working with freelancers and outside firms.
This role requires a highly organized, analytical person who is able to show initiative and work independently.
Boxes to tick
You are the SEO Specialist we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
- 2 - 4 years+ experience in the field of SEO, addressing both technical SEO as well as content marketing tactics;
- Experience working with SEO tools, CMS tools (Adobe Experience Manager a plus), and analytical and reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console and BrightEdge;
- Passion for testing, researching and identifying new opportunities. Competitive analysis, market research and keyword research are all part of your arsenal;
- Experience working alongside content creators to optimise the titles, headings, meta descriptions, cross linking and keyword density of pages;
- Strong skills in tech-friendly SEO, capable of maintaining improvements for sitemaps, semantic markup, canonical tags, pagination, and able to resolve crawl errors;
- Experience in, and vision for off page SEO and link building;
- Positive and upbeat approach. You’re a team-player with practical relationship-building and influencing skills, simultaneously able to work on individual performance goals and KPIs;
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent communication skills that extend beyond the written word;
- Highly organised and self-motivated with a proven ability to prioritise and oversee multiple projects while meeting deadlines;
- Fearless with a sense of humour. You’re willing to take initiative and hit the ground running;
- Keen interest in digital tourism and the travellers we serve. You share our user-centric vision;
- You have a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Why work for Eurail.com?
- A positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- Maximum freedom in your work with a professional outlook;
- An attractive salary and benefits;
- An annual training budget of €5,000 to be used for your own personal and professional development;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working;
- A young, growing and informal organisation;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company;
- An international working environment;
- A 32- to 40-hour work week.
Your development is important to us
Personal development is very important to us. For that reason, we invest in all our employees. With your very own education budget you can develop your personal and professional experience. You can follow a training course over a short or longer period, with a coach or through a peer support program. We encourage you to think beyond your own position. As an employee of Eurail.com you will take part in cross functional team projects.