Sublime mountain scenery, sandy beaches, bright city lights: Travelling in Europe is beautiful. But what is it that makes all the views and travel moments so perfect? Are you able grasp the beauty of travel, wrap it up in the form of beautiful interfaces and visual designs, and reveal why travel mak...
Sublime mountain scenery, sandy beaches, bright city lights: Travelling in Europe is beautiful. But what is it that makes all the views and travel moments so perfect? Are you able grasp the beauty of travel, wrap it up in the form of beautiful interfaces and visual designs, and reveal why travel makes us happy? We’re currently looking for a Visual Designer with excellent presentation and digital design skills to join our growing online team. Your creative work will become the brand new visual language and personality of Eurail.com and Interrail.eu!
We are an international e-commerce scale-up in the travel industry, founded in 2006 and leading in our market. We help travellers from all over the world to have an unforgettable experience in Europe.
As a scale-up, Eurail.com offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company.
Job description and role
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for bringing about a creative breakthrough that will dramatically improve the performance of our various sales, marketing and customers experience efforts;
- Translate our brand strategy and voice into digital experiences that inspire and excite travelers;
- Utilise user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals for website content, direct email, social media posts, digital banners and so much more;
- Turn even the dullest things, like Danish train platforms and Italian seat reservations, into classy visuals;
- Work closely together with our Content and Development teams, and occasionally with third party designers, to take designs from creative concept right through to execution, all the while explaining what your design decisions are meant to communicate.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Boxes to tick
You are the Visual Designer we are looking for if your visual wizardry extends to:
- 2 - 4 years+ experience working in visual design for eCommerce;
- An outstanding portfolio that speaks for itself. Please submit your portfolio with your application!
- Proficiency in (but not limited to) the Adobe Suite and Sketch;
- Extensive UI design experience. You can take a visual design concept and translate it into production-ready assets & icons for any platform: Web, multiple mobile platforms, apps;
- Knowledgeable insight into digital media and the creative process. You know how to effectively pass on your work on to front-end developers;
- As a plus, knowledge of illustration, animation, typography, motion graphics, photography, videography and/or writing skills;
- Proven ability to prioritise and oversee multiple projects while meeting deadlines; desire to hit the ground running, to learn and grow;
- A love for creative collaboration, solving problems through design, achieving the best visual experiences taking into account stakeholder wishes and most of all the mindsets of our users;
- Exceptional attention to detail. You observe the beauty and details that others miss;
- You have a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Why work for Eurail.com?
- A positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- Maximum freedom in your work with a professional outlook;
- An attractive salary and benefits;
- An annual training budget of €5,000 to be used for your own personal and professional development;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working;
- A young, growing and informal organisation;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company;
- An international working environment;
- A 32- to 40-hour work week.
Your development is important to us
Personal development is very important to us. For that reason, we invest in all our employees. With your very own education budget you can develop your personal and professional experience. You can follow a training course over a short or longer period, with a coach or through a peer support program. We encourage you to think beyond your own position. As an employee of Eurail.com you will take part in cross functional team projects.